Back On the Shelf juried by Paul D'Amato
Filter Photo is pleased to announce an open call for a photo book exhibition, juried by artist and co-founder of SKYLARK Editions, Paul D’Amato.
Back On the Shelf is an open theme call. D’Amato is interested in showcasing well-conceived, original, and compelling photo books. Eligible entries include all types of photo books, whether self-published, handmade or commercially published. Books by or featuring the work of more than one photographer/artist are also eligible. All are welcome to apply. Books must have been completed within the last two years.
- Call open: October 18 - November 30, 2022
- Books must be received at Filter Space by December 30, 2022
- Jurying takes place - January
- Accepted artists will be notified by mid-January, 2023
- Exhibition Dates: February 3 – March 31
- Public Reception: Friday, February 3, from 6 – 9 p.m.
1. Submit up to five images of a single photo book project. Include the cover and other pages or features that you would like to highlight.
- Save your images in JPEG format, sized at 1000 pixels on the longest side.
- Image files must be titled with the artist's last and first names, and the image number.
- Example: Smith_Mary_1.jpg
2. Ship book to Filter Photo for jurying - details below.
If you have questions about submitting your work, email email@example.com.
The cost to submit to Back On the Shelf is $25.00 for a single photo book project. Artists are responsible for the cost of shipping books to and from the Filter Space gallery.
Shipping Your Photo Book
You must include a pre-paid return shipping label when you send your book to Filter Photo if you would like the book returned to you. You can opt to donate the book to Filter Photo if you prefer. Donated books will become a part of Filter Photo's library.
Ship your photo book to:
Filter Photo / book call
1821 W. Hubbard St., Suite 207
Chicago, IL 60622