Interior Life, juried by Strange Fire Collective
In the age of self-isolating and quarantine, video chat, and social media stories - the images we make, share, and project into the world are both personal and remote, they connect us to one another, describe our lives, and our communities. In the new realities of contemporary life, how do we communicate and connect across boundaries, both real and self-made? Interior Life is a call for photography-based work that addresses the ways we live now - at home, online, and in the wider world.
- June 7, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT – Call Closes
- End of June – Artists are notified of jurors’ decision
- August 19, 2020 – Accepted work must arrive at Filter Space in Chicago
- August 28, 2020 – Exhibition Opens
- October 3, 2020 – Exhibition Closes
All types of photographic work will be considered, except videos. You may submit up to a total of five images.
- Save your images in JPEG format, sized at 1000 pixels on the longest side.
- Image files must be titled with the artist's last and first names, and the image number.
- Example: Smith_Mary_1.jpg
If you have questions about submitting your work, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost to submit to Interior Life is $25.00 for up to five entries. Please note that accepted artists are responsible for the cost of shipping work to and from the gallery. All 2D work is required to be framed unless an alternative presentation is required. Full details are available in accepted artists' contracts.